News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1968 DeVille Convertible Passenger Door Mystery Part

Started by ChrisTabat, October 04, 2024, 09:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisTabat

I am starting the re-assembly phase of the restoration of my 1968 DeVille Convertible after completion of painting.   The original doors were terminally rusted but all of the internals worked properly so I took all of the internals out of both the original and replacement doors,  and am in the process of reinstalling all of the original internals in the replacement passenger door.   I tried to be very mindful of bagging,  labeling and cross-referencing all parts to the corresponding assembly instructions,  but have a part that I cannot find in the manual nor do I have any notes for it.   I actually have 2 for the original passenger door,  none for either the replacement passenger door,  nor neither the original or replacement driver door.   They are about 6" long,  1" wide and appear to be some kind of retainer strap.   Can anybody tell me what this is and where it goes?   Thank you. Chris
Chris Tabat #31293

'68 DeVille Convertible, '75 Eldorado Convertible, '71 Chevelle SS Convertible, '11 Camaro SS Convertible
Bella Vista, AR

Highwayman68

That holds the wiring harness and vacuum lines in place.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

ChrisTabat

Chris Tabat #31293

'68 DeVille Convertible, '75 Eldorado Convertible, '71 Chevelle SS Convertible, '11 Camaro SS Convertible
Bella Vista, AR