News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Hydramatic Rebuild Concern 1961

Started by 19cad61, Yesterday at 04:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19cad61

Hey all,

I had my 1961 Hydramatic rebuilt (over $3,000). I have two main concerns that I hope can be addressed.

1. The shift from 2nd to 3rd seems to take quite long and the rpms don't settle down in 4th quite as it used to. Its quite shakey now between 60mph-75mph.

2. When letting off the accelerator in any gear whether driving down the freeway or approaching a stop sign it feels as if the car is "lagging" and doesnt coast as well as it used to. It wants to come to a stop. Almost as if the parking brake is engaged. Ive let off the accelator approaching a stop sign quite far back and the car will come to a crawl quite fast and have a hard time maintaining speed.

The transmission was never rebuilt as far as I know until now. Ive owned the car for 15 years and the only issue with it was the leaky transmission. I was hoping to get away with just new seals but after its diagnostic at the shop it was best to have it rebuilt.

Clewisiii

The first thing I would look at is the shift and throttle linkage adjustments, then driveshaft angle.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering