News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

fleetwood factory?

Started by michael a. albert, February 21, 2005, 08:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael a. albert

I am looking for information on the Fleetwood factory.

A few years ago my wife and I came across some glass and gelatin type negatives. The negatives are of a professorial grade and all of them are about 8"X10".

At first we thought they were photos of cars for a newspaper adds. However as time goes on and I spend time reading about Fleetwood I am starting to think some of them are of the disassembly of the Fleetwood coach factory in Fleetwood, Pa. And the different coaches they built

A recurring backdrop of some of these cars is a bank in Fleetwood and a home in Fleetwood. I think the home might be the photographers home in Fleetwood.

My question is who owed Fleetwood coach prior to GM buying it? Also is there any know photo’s of the interior of the factory from 1927 to 1930?

Any input would be appreciated.

Regards,
Michael A. Albert

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

You need to get a copy of the book: "Fleetwood", by CLC member James Schild.

There is also a historic site on the Web devoted to the town of Fleetwood.  Tty a Google search for it.

Michael A. Albert

Yann,

Thank you for giving me some direction. I did find the web site and they are sold out of the book. The web site did give me some very good information that is intriguing to me.

I have some negatives of the cars posted on the web however they of different angels.

I didnt see any of the interior of the factory. When I find the book I hope to see if my negatives match up.

I will make the time to drive up to Fleetwood again and look for the museum. The towns not that big Ill find it. Ive been there before but I very short on time.

Thank you again

Tore Robert Klerud CLC#20146

If you are searching for used books, do yourself a favor and try http://www.abebooks.com TARGET=_blank>www.abebooks.com (or possibly abebook.com with no "s"). I have been searching for different kinds of hard-to-find, low print books about Corvette advertising, Cadillacs and Nikon cameras, and have never had more luck thru other channels than this one. Good luck.

Tore, Norway
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1978 Seville Elegante
1980 Corvette
1998 Mercedes E300 TDT Avantgarde (driver)

Michael A. Albert

Thank you for the link.

Ill keep an eye out for the material you collect. My wife and I have been in the antique and collectable business for 15+ years and we are cleaning out our inventory.

The negatives are in our keeper file. I think they are unique and special. They seem to illustrate so many body style changes and the assembly methods. Now that I realize that the shots from inside the factory are of them moving it to Detroit I think they our very rare and make the stories from my family even more special. ( They are from Reading PA.)

I think we have Willie’s and Kassier parts and pieces and some other American car things.

I have a lot of Siata thing and 1 siata I am keeping. Collecting is infectious and one thing leads to another.

Once again, I thank everyone for there help and I have enjoyed this site very much.

We will try to make it to Valley Forge to see a show. I have herd that some members come to Delaware, Hagleys museum for a show. I am getting to the point in life to enjoy these things instead of work at them.Cars and their history give me a lot of enjoyment.

Regards,
Michael A. Albert