News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

The nerve of these guys!

Started by Rhino 21150, April 10, 2005, 11:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny

Quote from: Rhino 21150http://cartalk.com/content/features/Commencement/flag.html
Such a ghastly rendition of a 59!

Not at all!  Of all the cars they could have used for a logo, they choose not only a Cadillac, but the 59!!!!

I guess you arent old enough to remember "Racoon Tails" on car  antennaes.  They are another icon of 50s cars, right up there with fuzzy dice, suicide knobs, etc.

Rhino 21150

Dont remember? I HAVE fuzzy dice, and they light up! I had the tail from a squirrel that my ex-girlfriends dog caught. Do YOU remember metal flake paint, spotlights, chrome tailpipes that wrapped around the bumper? Leopard skin seat covers? Fur dashboards? Grounding rods? Twin antennas in the back? Continental kits? Windshield shades? Pilot lights running the length of the car? Chrome reverse wheels? Hemi engines stuffed into Fiats?
Im on a roll!
As for modern "trick-ups", have you seen Christmas lights that plug into the 120 volt outlet on the dash? My new girlfriend has them!
The choice of the 59 fins was perect, but only one fin light? Try again, Ray, we know Tommy didnt dream that one up!

Johnny

continuing with the hot items.....laker pipes.....popularity of 57 Plymouth wheel discs, also the moon discs......STP stickers to increase horsepower......glaspak mufflers......and of course the everlasting evergreen car  deodorizer