News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

57 Brougham

Started by Ralph Messina CLC 4937, June 14, 2005, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

FYI for Eldorado Brougham aficionados: The August issue of “Hemmings Classic Car” has a great eight page article about  Bob Werner’s ’57 Brougham.  I saw this car at the Detroit GN and it’s spectacular.

Ralph

Paul Flykt CLC # 18899

Ralph
My issue came yesterday, a beautiful car it is. I found it interesting that there werent any Broughams in dakota red from the factory.
Hemmings came out with a couple of winners in their "Classic Car" and "Muscle & Performance" magazines. I cannot recall the subscrition cost but at about a buck or buck fifty an issue how can you go wrong. Ive been waiting for the yearly rate to go up but it hasnt.
Cadillacs of various years have been featured since its inception.
My wife seems to know when its coming because she invariably gets the mail that day, then I have to wait my turn.
Paul

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Paul,

So, you get the Flykt until shes read it first, eh?

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Paul Flykt CLC #18899

Bruce
Thats about the way it is. There is one advantage having a wife that likes cars, she helped me wax our 57 CdV last night. The Back to the Fifties car event starts today here in Minneapolis St. Paul. 10,000+ cars for three days, over 9600 are preregistered. It pretty much fills the state fair grounds. Mostly street rods and customs but a lot of classics. Newest car allowed in the show is 64.

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

I agree that the red paint makes that Brougham even more beautiful. The article mentions that two types of mouton-like carpeting were available, but the picture of the radio speaker on the transmission hump shows carpet that looks like run-of-the-mill multi-toned loop-pile carpeting that came on regular upper-line GM cars of that period.