News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

Need help planing Hershey trip.

Started by Lou 19028, June 20, 2005, 07:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou 19028

Hi all, Planning to go to Hershey this Oct for the AACA National.The Hershey hotels are booked solid.I am looking for some recommendations on nice accommodations(Wife is coming)near by.

Thanking you in adavance for your help,
Lou

Richard Sills - CLC #936

Lou,

You might try looking for a hotel in Lancaster County, which is about 30 minutes drive from Hershey (heading east on Route 283).  It has many nice tourist accommodations, from bed-and-breakfasts to full-service hotels.  There is a lot for visitors to do, and if your wife is not going to the car show every day, she will find many other places of interest.  Check out the website at "www.padutchcountry.com".  The visitors bureau should be happy to help you find a hotel that is convenient to the highway leading to Hershey.  

Another good option is to look for hotels listed under Harrisburg, which is a little west of Hershey.  Some years ago, before I moved to Lancaster, I used to stay at the Holiday Inn East in Harrisburg.  I always found that to be a good accommodation, and a short drive to Hershey.

Good luck,
Richard

Doug Houston

You might also check out Carlisle. Its about 23 miles from Hershey, but lots of the crowd stays there. Its been a lont time since I was able to go to Hershey, but we stayed in the Hampton Inn
at Camp Hill. Its not a bad trip into Hershey in the morning.