News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

Cheap or what

Started by George UK, January 21, 2006, 10:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday George,

Well, at 6,000 of your currency, (my puter doesnt have a Pound sign), and with 6 days to go, I am sure it will go higher.

The seemingly-low reserve doesnt mean that much, as I am sure that the seller realises it will go for more.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Doug Houston

Handsome car, from the pictures. It looks like a divider window model. Note the stationary bulkhead on the back of the front compartment. It resembles my 41-60S.

George

The price in US dollars is approx.$12,500
His buy now was £5500.That went when someone made a bid.
Does anyone have a rough idea what this car is worth on face value?

Jack Mcilwraith

Looks like the year should be 1947 by the grille and the gravel guard.

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17963

Agreed, I think it is a 1947 Cadillac Series 60 Special.  You can tell by the script on the front fender.  In 1946 the script was in block letters.  "47 went to a true script.  Maybe the restorer tacked on the wrong one.  Without the VIN/Engine Number, its hard to tell.

Nice car ...  the dynoc is gone but I like the simple black treatment.  And the seat uphostery is correct for the car.  All 60 Specials had that kind of divide between the rear and front seat, it was supposed to look like the series 75, but there is no mechanism to raise a divider window.  Those would be on the back, either a small switch or crank.

A really nice car!  I kinda miss mine seeing this one.  :)

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Im going to do just what I chided "the group" last week about. Where are the fender skirts? And youre right. That is one model car I really, really regret selling. Mine only needed paint to be a real jewel.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

George,

How come it now has a "Buy it now" price of 10,000 Pounds.

Surely they cant do that?

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

John #22631

Bruce,
Why cant he set the "Buy it Now" price at L10,000? According to the latest exchange rate the Pound was exchanged at $1.90USD. That would make his asking price @$19,000. Wouldnt it?

Beautiful car none the less!
                                                            John

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Well, according to Georges posting (Quote) The price in US dollars is approx.$12,500.   His buy now was £5500.That went when someone made a bid.  (End Quote).

It looks like he has installed another "Buy it now" price.

I didnt think it was right to keep upping the "Buy it now" price as the auction proceeds.

Bruce,
The Tassie devil(le),
60 CDV

denise 20352

As opposed to todays cars, isnt it great that they realized that people have legs and feet, and need a place to put them?

-denise

denise 20352

If you try to actually use the "buy it now" and there is a bid on the item, it wont let you do it.

-d