News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

Springs Front & Rear 1928 Cadillac

Started by Ken Andersen # 21420, May 08, 2006, 08:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Andersen # 21420

Does anyone have the specifications for the free camber on both front and rear leaf springs for a 1928 341A Cadillac.
I need to have mine retempered and cannot find this specification in any books that I have at hand.

Warren Rauch

Cadillac liked to play with this sort of thing at this time. In the Jan 1,1928 Serviceman They announced a second set of rear springs heaver than had come standard. The new springs have a extra 1.5 inches of arch.Open cars stay at 9leaves, 5pass go from 9 to 10 leaves and 7pass stay at 10 leaves. Unfortunatly they dont say how much arch was standard. Its also noted that the 1.5  of added arch means the shock strap is now by 3 inches longer when using the heavy springs.
 The front springs are listed in Hollander as fiting the 30-33 v-16 as well. Specs for the v-16 are Front 300pounds increased to 322pounds  mid 1930.Rear open&5pass 165 increased to 175 . 7pass 175 increased to 200. Id guess these rates are per inch deflection,but I dont know that.                                Sorry ,but that is all I have. You can always do like my brother did on a 1946 Chevy. Measure the standing hieght of the body to where it would be level,and add that many inches arch to what you have.Warren