News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

1956 CdV Mirror

Started by Andrew Straw, February 17, 2008, 06:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Straw

I puchased a right-hand (passenger) mirror on eBay that is claimed to be from a 1956 Cadillac.  Before I have it replated and drill mounting holes in my door, I want to be sure it is the correct one for the car (a 1956 Coupe deVille).  The mirror head is marked Guide Y-50, and the bracket/arm has a number inside the casting that apperas to be 5939587.  Is it possible to tell from this information whether it is correct for a 1956?

Thanks!

Andrew

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Andrew, According to the Master Parts Book, it appears that no right hand outside mirror was offered on the 56 models. The Guide Y-50 was used on the 50-53 Models. The number you posted does not show up in the book.
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Otto Skorzeny

I know this is late and you've probably already made a decision, but the previous post is correct: 1956 Cadillacs never came with a right hand mirror and none was ever offered. A left hand mirror could easily be mounted on the right, however. I'm sure some people have done this over the years - maybe even dealers to please a picky customer.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE