News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

75 Eldorado intermitant wipers

Started by Doug Spingelt, April 17, 2009, 06:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Spingelt

I have intermitant wipers on my 75 eldorado, but the intermitnat part always stops in the middle of the window and not at the bottom.  anyone have a suggestion for adjusting this?  My old honda in college used to do this too, but it meant that the motor was in need of replacement.  Since the motor for the wipers in the caddy is probably more powerful than the entire honda powertrain, I dounbt that is the case.  thanks for your help!  --Doug
Doug Spingelt

Roger H

does it park in the proper position and work fine in all other speeds?
Roger Hundtoft
1936 Fleetwood 8509
Lynnwood Wa

Doug Spingelt

Yes, it parks in the correct place and works great on all speeds. The intermittent works with the annoying exception that it holds or waits while the wiper is in the center of the windshield.
Doug Spingelt

Jim Skelly, CLC #15958

Quote from: Doug on April 22, 2009, 12:06:34 AM
Yes, it parks in the correct place and works great on all speeds. The intermittent works with the annoying exception that it holds or waits while the wiper is in the center of the windshield.

Doug,

I had erratic behavior from the intermittent wipers on my '77 Eldorado.  I replaced the wiper switch and that took care of it.

Wynn Moore

Quote from: Jim Skelly, CLC #15958 on April 22, 2009, 01:18:13 PM
Doug,

I had erratic behavior from the intermittent wipers on my '77 Eldorado.  I replaced the wiper switch and that took care of it.

Speaking of which, where is the switch for the pump of a 83 Seville that controls the washer fluid?  On the fire wall?