News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Couple of interesting 59 Caddys on Ebay....Thoughts???

Started by domer, November 17, 2009, 10:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug 22747

Doug Browne
Atlanta, GA

Otto Skorzeny

Good Lord!

At least the pink/red one could be put right comparitively easily. The black monstrosity is good for parts only. Too bad.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

The black 59 was on display at the Las Vegas Grand National this year.  I am generally not in favor of modifying a Cadillac in this fashion, but it was not all that bad.  The car had a very nice paint job and was, in my opinion, very well done.  The Ebay pictures really do not do the vehicle justice.  Although I am sure he has  more than the asking price invested in the car, I think that he will have a hard time getting his money out of it.  But, each to his own.  My 59 will remain stock.

Steve W

I am usually of the "its YOUR car, do whatever makes you happy" mind-set...but, man-oh-man, that's just jarringly ugly...in my opinion.

Ouch!
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

veesixteen

The second offering is not a "Coupe de Ville, but a "Series 62 coupe".
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

J

:o umm i sort of like the black one, needs different steering wheel though.....
Cadillac got me!!!

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Jessie: 

I have to agree with your statement about the steering wheel.  The steering wheel cover only makes the situation worse.  Had I done the conversion, I would have made the back into more of a pick up bed like my 75 Cadillac Mirage.  But, as I stated in my post above, the car was much more attractive when seen in person.

Chris Conklin

The black one isn't bad, I can follow the idea and what they're going for. It needs a complete custom interior to match. But that "continental kit" idea?!? That's a lot of bother and a pretty bad result for something that could have been done well pretty easily. But hey! They didn't destroy the fins!!
Chris Conklin