News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1960 Coupes investment value

Started by Brett Baird, February 03, 2010, 10:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett Baird

Any feelings out there regarding the current/future interest in '60 coupes?  Their popularity and price lag way behind '59's, but seem to be at least as popular as the other Cad's of the 60's.  I have a chance to pick up a fair to good unrestored original series 62 coupe. I like it, but I don't love it, so I am trying to justify it as an investment.  Your opinions are appreciated.
B Baird
'41 Fleetwood 60 S  http://bit.ly/1jwgEWm
'59 Sedan DeVille 6339 "Flat-top"  http://bit.ly/1jwgUF1

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

I think the old saying is "buy what you really like -- not because you think you'll make
money on it".

I think that's true -- you may wait a long time to make any real profit on that purchase.

Why not get something you really enjoy?

Mike 
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

The Tassie Devil(le)

To most people, the '60 will never reach the dizzying heights of the value of the '59, but then, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The only people that make money on cars is the people that manage to buy them for a song, and sell them to the gullible.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

wrefakis

do you mean people like the guy that bought a 59 in 69 for 700.00 and will not take 100k???????

Chris Conklin

Quote from: Brett Baird on February 03, 2010, 10:54:06 PM... a fair to good unrestored original series 62 coupe...

I'm assuming not in good enough shape to remain an unrestored original? Keeping it that way may be of some help, it would have to be a fantastic bargain otherwise to be an investment. I'm assuming that's not the case either? Any unique attributes, well optioned? As to the eye of the beholder, I prefer the '60 over the '59. But I also prefer the Eldorado Seville.
Chris Conklin

kgray39011

If your heart is not into it, how will you keep yourself motivated during a frustrating period of owning it? What do you really want?

Ken Gray
Kenneth P. Gray - 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Imperial Blue
Christine (Wife) - 2010 Cadillac SRX Performance Package White Diamond
Looking for a 1949 Coupe Driver

Chris Conklin

Chris Conklin

The Tassie Devil(le)

Looks nothing like a '60 Cadillac.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Brett Baird

Quote from: Chris Conklin #25055 on February 04, 2010, 04:55:41 PM
I'm assuming not in good enough shape to remain an unrestored original?

It is in good shape for a 50 year old.  Good enough that I wouldn't consider any major repairs or refurbishing right away.  It is not optioned well:  manual seat, no cruise, aftermarket air that doesn't work, no power door locks.  About the only option is power windows.
B Baird
'41 Fleetwood 60 S  http://bit.ly/1jwgEWm
'59 Sedan DeVille 6339 "Flat-top"  http://bit.ly/1jwgUF1

kgray39011

Quote from: Chris Conklin #25055 on February 04, 2010, 05:37:47 PM
Ken, how do guys like the new SRX?
The new SRX is quite the ride. :) We ordered the Performance Package, It has a smoother ride than the BMW X3 or Audi Q5 and provides the same confidance when driving. My Wife likes the features for the cost and the way the dash and controls are layed out. :D My self, I like the way the roofline has similar lines to the classic sedanette style and the tail lights are as close as one can get to tail fins in a new car. 8) This is MUCH nicer than the old SRX and not as massive as the Escalade.

Ken Gray
Kenneth P. Gray - 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Imperial Blue
Christine (Wife) - 2010 Cadillac SRX Performance Package White Diamond
Looking for a 1949 Coupe Driver