News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1937 LaSalle operators manual

Started by Jeffs, July 11, 2010, 06:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffs

Thanks Steve

I have send you another personal e-mail.

Regards

Jeff

John Tozer #7946

Jeff,

I note the car is LHD so we assume it was born and raised in the US (or at least on the continent). It's natural home, therefore, isn't GB so it becomes a question of do you value it on the basis of what it is worth in GB or where it came from.

I would suggest that the answer in the case of GB would probably be that it is sufficiently rare for it not to matter too much but, in the US the original engine with the correct numbers would have a higher value. That's not to say that having a non-original engine "de-values" the car, just that the same car with the correct engine and numbers would be more valuable.

I think the situation in GB, for example, would be different to the situation here in Australia - GM Holden actually "built" 1937 La Salles here so there natural home is here. A 1937 Holden La Salle with a "tank" engine (like most of them here as the engines were everywhere after the War) is NOT worth the same as a 1937 Holden La Salle with the original engine and correct numbers.

See??

Regards,

John Tozer