News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Pertronix 6v Negative ground

Started by jbento, November 05, 2011, 12:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbento

Howdy!

So, I ordered a Pertronix 6v negative ground ignition by mistake.  My 1940 Series 72 has a 6v POSITIVE Ground electrical system.

Does this ignition need to be returned for the correct positive ground ignition, or would it work okay if I just made sure the correct wires are getting the correct polarity feed.

One of the many things I simply do not know, and want to get feedback on before doing anything stupid.

Thanks!

Joe
Joe Bento
CLC# 20081
1940 Cadillac Series 72

Dave Shepherd

Return it.  The pick-up is wrong for that polarity, call them first, as an example Chrysler Pertronix products for  that era cars are specifically are designed for neg gd.  Hope that is clearer.  LOL

R Sotardi #11719

I think that didn't come out right. Cadillacs  before WW2 were 6 volt positive grd after WW2, GM went to 6vneg on all but GMC. I agree to exchange it. Ron