News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Need help sourcing 76' eldorado fender extentions

Started by Jim Beard, December 28, 2011, 01:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Beard

Hey guys,
  I need some help finding a source for some good front fender extentions for a customers 76' eldorado. The customer has a broken left side and wants to replace that one only. I told him we should do both but the customer is always right. Anyway I have used a set from USA Parts Supply before and they were ok with a bunch of modification. So I called and ordered the left front I needed, they charged my card and said it was on the way. A week later I get a message telling me they can only get them in pairs. I call them back and the guy on the phone says they had a pair in stock and the one I needed is on the way. So I figure everythings ok. Then I get a call today telling me I have to buy the right side if I want the left side, they offered a 10% discount on the other one, woopee. So I asked to talk to the manager/owner and he is not in until mid january. The guy on the phone tells me I have 2 options, buy the pair or get a refund. In the meantime I have the customers car torn down and have already given him the total price of the job. Why should I have to eat the cost of buying the pair when it is USA Parts Supplies fault for selling me only one like the catalog says and then they cannot deliver. When I make a mistake at my shop I cover the cost, not send it down to the customer. They could order a pair to their place and send me the one they sold me, but apparently that is logistically impossible. So it looks like I need to find another source for this extention since I will never deal with these guys again,and was wondering what other good quality ones are out there. Sorry about the rant.

R Schroeder

Jim, I can say that the service was good for me at Auto Body Fillers.

http://www.autobodyfillersusa.com/servlet/StoreFront

I ordered a part for my 78 , for the rear fillers around the license plate. They sent me the wrong part and when I called them, they said they would send the whole kit for the rear, NO CHARGE. They will bend over backwards to satisfy you.
They are a little hard to understand , if your on the phone, because the husband and wife like to talk to each other while your placing an order, but they are funny. I had to tell the wife to have her husband to stop talking while I placed the order......ha
I did NOT order my fender fillers from them, but I wish I would have ,because I did have problems from the company that I dealt with.
Wish I would have ordered from Auto body fillers in the first place.
If you have a problem they will take care of you.
They might sell them separately, because I ordered one piece from a set.
Give them a call. They might work out for you.

Roy

76eldo

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

R Schroeder

Brian, E & K was the place that sent me junk, and then had a hard time getting them to send a second set. After a few weeks it did take place, but it wasnt fun. Had to pay for all the back and forth shipping too.
Sorry.
Roy

76eldo

I guess all of these guys run hot and cold.

Man, there's a great opportunity for someone to make these things properly because so many 70's GM cars are in need of these.

I am working on getting a 75 Corvette convertible ready for a friend who wants me to sell it for him.  I sourced repro front and back bumpers.  Chevy used the same crap for the entire bumper on these cars and you could push your finger right through it.  It's a garage kept 48K mile car.  What a shame.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Jeff Wilk

I have a set of NOS front fender extensions for these model years eldo, and one NOS gas door area filler.  Two of them are in the original GM boxes as well.  All three are still soft and plyable and not cracked.  I also have the NOS chrome/stainless for the bottoms of the front fillers.  If anyone is interested I can dig them out and determine price.  Send me an email and I will reply at the end of the week.

J Wilk
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

76eldo

Jeff,

I have a good friend with a 4000 mile car that can use them.  Please email me with a price?

76eldo@comcast.net

Thanks,

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv