News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

Club LaSalle

Started by Jim Beard, February 18, 2012, 08:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Beard

I was driving around downtown last night and a local guy just put up a sign saying club LaSalle. Apparently he says that back in the 20's and 30's downtown LaSalle IL was a favorite for the gangsters from Chicago to hideout when things got too hot in the city for them. Good food, lots of gambling and all the other stuff that goes with. So club LaSalle was a main attraction back then. Long since closed, the guy was rooting around and found the sign, restored it and put it back up on the building. Nothing to do with our cars but the town does share the namesake. It is odd though that I live right outside of a town named LaSalle and yet only myself and one other guy have LaSalle automobiles in a 50 mile radius of LaSalle IL.

C.R. Patton II

Hello Jim

I really appreciate the sharing. I'll have to visit sometime soon. How is your LaSalle progressing? Thanks
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.