News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

Trunk floor pan for 1937

Started by rlreat, March 28, 2012, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tozerco

Ty,

Your rear passenger wheel well has rotted in EXACTLY the same place as mine and I figure the silly cowl design on that side is to blame. No rot on the driver's side.
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

tozerco

Steve,

I don't need the fuel filler shroud that I have from the parts car so it's yours for the usual. I had made up an angle trim to fix the old shroud that I had cut the base from in order to fix it to the trunk floor. It is shown in the photos and I'll throw it in together with the old base so you can see where to spot weld the shroud to the new angle base.

I am going to buy another fuel filler rubber seal from Steele and seal the filler pipe to the trunk floor same as it is sealed to the rear panel. Seems like something they should have done from the start.

I'll get the postage cost after Easter.

Regards,
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

tozerco

Mr Reat,

Just to prove any old fool can make rot repairs in a trunk floor from this era, here are some photos of the continuing (you can see the open bits I still have to fill) patch repairs I am having to make in my floor. I found out that a stiff wire wheel on a small side-grinder run over the floor will pretty quick show you where the rot is! It looks like a shotgun hit it in places so I cut the whole section out.

You can also see how my MIG welding has improved from then till now....

If all else fails and you think the floor is repairable - have a go!

Good luck,
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533