News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

WTB 1957 Cadillac Edorado Seville or Biarritz Bullet for Back up light

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, February 21, 2012, 08:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

WTB  a single back up lense  BULLET for a Eldorado Seville or Biarritz .
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

David King (kz78hy)

David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Bill Balkie 24172

Thanks David for the reply , somebody was selling a set on ebay about a year ago for 85.00, I think they were reproductions  . But at that time i did not need one . I purchased a car that is missing one , I am not in a hurry so my hunt will continue , that is part of the fun of owning a classic car . I am sure one will come alomg soon for a reasonable price .

Thanks,
     Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

GBrown #8092

Paul Tesone

Grant Owen

Bill , My 57 Eldorado had an original & repo Back up Bullet, the repo was smaller than the original.
When making the repos they obviously didn't allow for shirkage something you should look out for.

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello ,
   I purchased  a set of repros on Ebay only to find out they did not fit the back up light boss . i listed a picture that shows the original bezel next to the repros . as you can see the counterbore in missing or is very shallow , also the slot is missing for alignment . i had to take the repros into my machine shop and re machine them in order for them to fit properly . Needless to say i was not very happy with them . Not every body has a machine shop to re machine parts you pay over 100 dollars for .

buyer beware ,

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello,
   I added a few pictures of the machining i had to do to the aftermaket  parts i purchased on ebay , If you do not do this you will have to file off the boss on the plastic back up lense that is a very very rare and super expensive .

Good Luck,
      Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Roger Zimmermann

Bill, by looking at your equipment, you may have done your parts yourself with less trouble!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Bill Balkie 24172

Roger,
  i don't mind spending a fair price or  even overpaying for some parts  if the quality is good . But i was not going to take a perfectly good Backup lense and modify it to have this reprpduction part work with it .  Anyway life goes on and you do what you need to do .   The bottom line is i made it work for me ,

Thanks ,
      Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS