News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

INTRO & WTB

Started by Troyaero, June 23, 2012, 08:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troyaero

HI all,

New to the forum.  I was raised in a family that had its share of Lasalle and Cadillac cars.  I have never owned a large car like this but now that I have reached retirement I think its time to have one of my own.  Dad would be proud of me I think! In any case the cars that I rode in as a child are naturally the type I would most like to have.  My dad had only one convertible out of the group so that is what I would really like to find but a 2 door was next in line.  If anyone knows of where a 50's or early 60's might be lurking please let me know.  I could also have mentioned he had a couple of Chrysler Imperials too but that's another story.

I forgot to post my cell phone.  It is 314-504-8430 and I am in the St. Louis area.  Give me a call if you know of a car that is available. 

Are there any Cadillac owners on this forum that fly?  I have been a pilot and an A&P mechanic most of my life.  Due to health reasons I am giving up the hobby.  I have a really sweet 1947 Taylorcraft BC12D that will have to go.  That is the reason (at least I think) for wanting a car now to keep me busy.

Thanks,

Tim

C.R. Patton II

Welcome Tim

Have you become a member of our CLC national and a region near your home?

These are the initial steps necessary toward a successful purchase of a Cadillac and/or LaSalle. By paying your fees on the national and regional level you will become an active member of our organization. We offer technical knowledge, engineering design experience, restoration guidance, and great comradie.  Once you become a member you can attend, learn and select a vintage vehicle that you can tour and enjoy.

We look forward to your presence and participation.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

gary griffin

Hi,

I also want to welcome you. I am a relativly new member and have only attended one local club function but am looking forward to many more.

I have found the Forum to be quite valuable in so many ways. I am restoring a Cadillac and come to this Forum regularily to get advice, find parts and chat. I have had great support in the past 2 years and I am looking forward to enjoying many functions with my local Cadillac community.

I am also getting ready to completely retire and have recently sold my partnership in a Cessna 182. I was licensed in 1974 and loved flying but FAA dosen't like my pacemaker and I can pass physical but it takes a lot of extra tests and doctors letters and so forth.  Now it's just cars and motorcycles I guess.

Where are you located by the way?? Tacoma here.

Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver