News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Delco Voltage regulator for a 57 Coupe de Ville with A/C

Started by John Maglia CLC#23063, September 01, 2012, 10:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Maglia CLC#23063

Anyone have a new Delco Voltage Regulator that will fit a 1957 Caddy Coupe de Ville with air conditioning? I tried eBay and the internet but can't seem to locate one. The part number I was given is 1119601. I'm not quite sure if this is a GM number or Delco.

Ideally, I would prefer a Delco regulator but if anyone has input on a high quality brand other than Delso I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks

John Maglia
John Maglia

ryan.herring.sr

Try EBay again. I saw one on there that is like mine. I have a 60 DeVille. Maybe the smarter guys on here could tell you if it will work. I just saw it today.

John Maglia CLC#23063

Thanks Ryan. I found a non-delco regulator on the Internet from RockAuto. It has a reference to the part number I have and it is a 40 amper. The one I found on eBay was a 45 amp for a 57 Fleetwood and series 86 cars. I am afraid of using this high amp on my car with a gel battery. I hope the rockauto is a decent quality regulator. We'll see.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

John
John Maglia