News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

Swedish forum entry

Started by J.B., September 16, 2013, 04:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.B.

Hi!

I am Kent from Sweden and I'm new at the forum.
Most of my cars have been (and are) Ford products, but I have a weakness for the immediate pre-war GM cars. I have owned two 1941 Cadillac Series 62 Coupes, but after some years without the last one I went looking for something even more interesting. I had the great luck to find a very nice unmolested and unrestored 1940 LaSalle Series 52 Convertible. Only 425 made. It is now riding the streets of the Swedish westcoast and will be starting it's restauration bit by bit for the coming years. It has a 1937 Cadillac engine in it, otherwise it's all stock except the 1948 front hubcaps.

See you all later!

Best regards
Kent

Here it is sitting next to my previous Series 62 Cadillac

Lovely rear

Art deco
J.B.

R Schroeder

wow, I'll say that's in nice shape. Both cars are very nice.
Welcome.
Roy

C.R. Patton II

Hello Kent

Welcome to the CLC Forum!

That LaSalle is very attractive with the skirts.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Kent:

Niice car!  Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!!

Bill Hedge

gary griffin

Hi Kent,

Beautiful cars. I really like the Skirts on the convertible coupe. 

If it original paint maybe it would be better to consider it a survivor than to restore it?? Just an observation.

Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

J.B.

Quote from: gary griffin on September 16, 2013, 10:32:19 AM

Hi Kent,

Beautiful cars. I really like the Skirts on the convertible coupe. 

If it original paint maybe it would be better to consider it a survivor than to restore it?? Just an observation.

Thank you everyone!

To clarify. I only own the 1940 LaSalle now. I sold the 1941 Cadillac in the picture 2008, but it was still in my hometown. Therefore I parked next to it with my LaSalle and took the pic, after I bought it and got it on the road last year. The red paint is a late 50's/early 60's professional update together with the red carpet and some upholstery. The car was originally blue and the blue original carpet is under the red one. The skirts are aftermarket GM style. A very solid car with just a few bumps, but almost no rust in body or frame. Never thought I'd find one. I have been checking out a few Series 52 Coupes through the years, but to find a Convertible was beyond my expectations. Would be interesting to know how many survivors there are out there of the 425 manufactured in late 1940.
J.B.