News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Wanted: 68 Eldorado drivers side mirror.

Started by Davidinhartford, September 10, 2013, 05:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidinhartford

Preferably one that is nice enough to use as is.     But will buy one that will rechrome.

Must fit 68 Eldo , as the Deville/Broughams are different.

60eldo

Jon. Kluczynski

85cadiac

Davidinhartford

Exactly.   The 67 will not interchange.       The 69 & 70 may not either, as the interior door panel changed so the remote pivot is in a different location, so the length of the cable may be different.       

The rear drive cars have a different shaped door contour so those mirrors wont fit.   The 71 + up Eldos were restyled so newer one wont fit either.

It could be that the 68 mirror is a one year only part.     Anyone have a master parts book to verify that?

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: David Smith on September 11, 2013, 08:23:59 PM
Exactly.   The 67 will not interchange.       

It could be that the 68 mirror is a one year only part.     Anyone have a master parts book to verify that?
David,
That is correct. 68 only.
Eldo only. 
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on September 11, 2013, 09:27:56 PM
David,
That is correct. 68 only.
Eldo only. 
Bob

Just my luck!    :(

Thanks for verifying that Bob.

Glen

What is wrong with your mirror?  The 69 -70 mirrors maybe close enough, the doors are the same so the external part should be the same.  If the only difference is the control cable maybe you can change it (or use it as is). 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Glen on September 12, 2013, 03:18:19 AM
What is wrong with your mirror?  The 69 -70 mirrors maybe close enough, the doors are the same so the external part should be the same.  If the only difference is the control cable maybe you can change it (or use it as is).

Glen,   My mirror has some serious pitting on the top of it.    I suppose I could try a 69 or 70 mirror.   I really don't want to send my mirror out to get chromed and risk it getting lost, or breaking it.   Then I'll really be screwed.     I'd prefer buying a good one, or one that I can send out to get rechromed.     

Carl Glass

It cannot be said enough, '68 only, Eldo only.

I was warned when I was shopping for my '68 Eldo, but I bought one anyway.

glad I did, wouldnt have it any other way!

thx

Carl
Carl Glass
'68 Eldorado, cruise control, climate control, am/fm stereo, tilt/tele, 6-way bench, and vinyl roof.  Would love to add the twilight sentinel, guide-matic, power door locks, right hand mirror, headrests, and floor mats.  And how about leather buckets?  Oh, and pull the vinyl top.