News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Bumper fills

Started by gross707, December 06, 2013, 05:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gross707

I am seeking the group's opinion on who it considers makes the best bumper fill.  As my '75 (Caribou) has the usual issues I need to replace several pieces.
Thanks,
Gerald
Gerald Ross

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Here's a link to the fillers I believe you're seeking:

http://www.autobodyfillersusa.com/servlet/Detail?no=17

I got fillers for a '77 from the same place and they were reasonably good. I say reasonably because unless you find NOS - which will cost a small fortune and with no guarantee they won't also crack after you've painted & installed them - chances are you or your body shop will have to spend some time playing around with them getting them to fit right - and don't expect perfection either. Alas, such is life in the aftermarket world of replacement parts.

I'm not certain whether they're the same for the Caribou - you might want to do some research before committing to buy.

HTH, Eric
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

"Bumper fills" are available from a number of sources now. They are made of ABS plastic
vs. the old polyurethane material they were originally (which cracked and fell apart).

The advantage of the new types are:
--  You don't have to use a flex agent with the paint
-- You can use a Dremel tool to trim them to fit as most all require this to get a perfect
alignment with the bumper / sheet metal

A number of firms supply these.  For Caddy's and other GM products try USA Parts
(check the website) and there are other vendors who specialize in Chevy part's I'm
not that familiar with

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region