News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

VIN Number Location for 1940 Series 62 Coupe

Started by ebuliavac, July 17, 2014, 02:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebuliavac

Hi, I'm looking for the VIN number on my 1940 Series 62 coupe so the DMV can find it.  Researching on this forum, it sounds like it's near the driver side motor mount but I was hoping someone could be more specific and a picture or a drawing would certainly help as well.  Thanks in advance.  Ed Buliavac CLC #28874
1940 6227C
1996 Fleetwood Brougham

joeceretti

It is beside the steering box a few inches toward the rear of the car on top of the frame. Use a wire brush and clean any paint and rust. It may be faint but it is there.

There will also be a number stamped in one of two places. Both are harder to get to. First place is stamped on the block, parallel to the firewall below the distributor tower. Second is possibly on a boss cast into the block above where the water pump mounts.

There usually is another secret stamping but it is on the frame under the drivers seat. The body usually has to come off to find that one.

It took me some time and scraping to find mine but they are 100% there.

ebuliavac

1940 6227C
1996 Fleetwood Brougham

ebuliavac

1940 6227C
1996 Fleetwood Brougham