News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

Free 3 roller tires and wheels for 40's Cadillacs Seattle Tacoma Washington

Started by gary griffin, December 15, 2014, 03:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

When I purchased my 1942 - 6719  for restoration I did not know that it was supposed to have 16 inch wheels and tires.  In the 70's light trucks started using 16.5 inch wheels and tires  and 16's became difficult to find so many of these cars which were not collector vehicles yet and many of them were changed to 15 inch wheels and tires.

My 1942--6719 came with incorrect wheels and tires. There were 2 15 inch Cadillac wheels and two strays (Possibly Oldsmobile?)  I have already given one of the Cadillac wheels away,

I offered all four earlier and one was claimed recently.  I have 3 left on the car and I am ready to install the 16's with newly painted wheels and would love to give the 15's to someone who could use them  Unfortunately only one has the clips to hold the hubcap and I suspect the other two are some other G M wheel such as Pontiac or Oldsmobile.

I have driven short distances on them but in all conscience I would only want to see the tires used to move your car around during restoration.  They hold air and support the car. I think the wheels are O K.

garygriffin@Q.com
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

gary griffin

Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Paul Phillips

Gary
I may be able to provide a home for these. Please send a pm so we can make sure they will work as spares for my 41 & work out details.

Thanks
Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout