News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

1955 interior blue colors?

Started by edhead9, October 28, 2015, 04:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edhead9

I have a 1955 exterior paint code 26 (cobalt blue) What is the interior color code 26...looks teal and light blue. I am using PPg paint. Trying to repaint the steering wheel and column. Any help would be nice.

Thanks Ed

edhead9

I have found a factory manual stating that Minuet Blue was used on the interior panels and the steering wheel colors are Princess Blue and Caprice Blue. Anyone have ppg cross overs for these??

Thanks Ed

edhead9

Or how about a PPG code for the 26 Cobalt Blue?

Thanks ed

Dan LeBlanc

The cobalt blue on the dash of my 53 series 62 matches the exterior.  Have you discussed with your paint supplier if they have it?  I've never had a problem getting paint mixed here. 

Interior formulas are a bit of a different story - you'll find many of them have been discontinued years ago.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

edhead9

I have, they cross it over to the nearest current formula, which came out to be Dark Lapis Blue (Ford color). Just checking cuz I don't really like that color.

Ed

Dan LeBlanc

Could always get them to mix a spray can for you to try it out and see if you like how the colour comes out.  Or a half pint if you want to run it through a gun.  That way, you're only purchasing a small quantity so if you don't like how it comes out, you can play with it a little.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

edhead9

Anyone have pics of a 1955 blue interior steering wheel? Mine seems to be mid to dk green?  Odd on a dk cobalt blue car with med to lighter blue interior. Any help would be great?

Thanks Ed