News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1941 heater controls

Started by Malc Holland, August 21, 2016, 12:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc Holland

Hi All, I'm hoping for some assistance with the heater controls on my 1941 series 62.

The control unit mounted under the dash, drivers side has a number of missing/disconnected wires and appears to have been a bit fried at some point.

My questions are;
1. can any one tell me which terminals A,B and C attach to which cables?
2. As I'm going to have re-wire it, are the solder terminals silver soldered?
3. looking at other photos of these control units on the net, is my circuit board 90 degrees out of position as it looks like it has been moved at some stage.

Thanks for any help,
Malc

Mike Wenrich #1666

According to a copy of the install sheet for dealers, numbered 442065, your unit does look like it has been rotated.  From what I can gather by rotating the module 90 degrees, putting the resister in line from front to rear, your A would be to the fuse connector, B to ignition and C to the defroster.  A also has the light bulb wire(s).  On the diagram the two wires are connected before the unit and only one wire is then attached to A along with the fuse connection.  Mine is wired this way except that the wire harness I bought in the aftermarket has one of the lights in the harness rather than pigtailed with the other.

Use wire connectors that have horseshoe shaped clips or round clips, as long as the screw can pass thru the hole. 

Malc Holland

Malc Holland

Referring back to this again, can anyone explain what the plunger arrangement under the circuit board, does and how it works.

Thanks, Malc