News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

rear springs

Started by lishka, February 19, 2017, 09:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lishka

how do you remove the front bushing of the rear leaf spring on a 56 Cadillac that has been rusting for years thank you

CadillacRob

Id imagine the same way any old rusty stuff is removed, with a torch, a big hammer, and ALL of the cuss words.  8)

Aerokroil is good stuff, impact wrench, hammer.   Keep at it.

I have a small bolt on my mantel inside as a trophy.  It was bolted down on the inside of my bench seat in my 50 cadillac since installed in the factory.  Terrible access for heat, or even a wrench because the floor raised around it.  Too tight for a socket.  Anyhow, I ended up using lots of lube, and a sharp chisel, knocking the edge of the bolt with the chisel and hammer as to "walk" it out.  Took me 3 evenings and I FINALLY got it.  I wanted to save the threads so I could rebolt the bench down when I was done repairing the floorboards. 

Patience.  Persistence.
1950 series 61 sedan
1956 coupe de ville