News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1957 fleetwood colour description

Started by bazilman, July 25, 2017, 10:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazilman

Hi Guys, Gonna get some paintwork done over the winter period. I'm pretty sure my car has been "re-finished" as I have a print out of the original build sheet which lists the car as "dusty rose". Does anyone know the correct name for this colour ? I'm pretty sure its an authentic Cadillac colour but maybe not from 57 ? Any help is very much appreciated. http://american-weddingcars.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/1957-Cadillac-Fleetwood.jpg
Craig Dunn

Roger Zimmermann

For 1957, there was indeed a Dusty Rose metallic, code 48. The pictured car is looking more or less the same as my sample. There was another pink for 1957: Mountain Laurel, code 46, a solid color, and not like the paint of your car.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Barry M Wheeler #2189

This is not Dusty Rose or Mountain Laurel (which is the pink the cosmetic company uses.) Is this perhaps a 1973, 74, or 75 color?
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Walter Youshock

There was a change in the Dusty Rose paint formula according to one of the paint charts I have.  That looks close to a mix of Dusty Rose and Castile Maroon.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I just had a thought. Wasn't there a color called Cranberry in 74 or 75?  I just found an equipment guide folder for 1974 and there is a Cranberry firemist code 99. I would see if you could get a paint chip for that color and see if it matches your car. In my memory, they are a pretty close match.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Renato

This is not original color. The original Dusty rose looks like this:

R. Bognar