News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

2 New eBay Listings: Test your Cadillac knowledge.

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, February 23, 2018, 12:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

chris92026

the 78 is very clean, and if he passes is life in southern California under is probably clean
but I would make sure lots of dealers bring a car from up north to sell (cheap inventory )
C.Perrin

STS05lg

Eric, the Sedan deVille was cancelled. In the first one, the 78 Eldorado, first it is not a Biarritz and they say the interior is new, but that sure looks like a factory two tone interior. However, it has the $850 Astroroof which is a rare option even in 1978. So what did we miss, don't keep us in suspense  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Eldorado James

Biarritz??  LOL.....Wrong roof, Wrong interior.... the Biarritz emblem was tacked on the left side of the trunk....not on the right side in place of "Eldorado".   If it was a Biarritz, it would have Biarritz emblems in the vinyl top (and opera lights),  on the woodgrain dash, etc.  Pillow seats, of course too.....but it's not a Biarritz anyway.  No Biarritz moldings either going down the hood and doors.

All of the bumper rubber has been painted black....interesting.   Pretty clean car with a nice sunroof (bet it leaks if it's been in AZ or CA it's whole life).
~Eldorado James~

Currently:
1972 Eldorado Convertible
1975 Eldorado Convertible

Past Cadillacs:  Too many to remember.

D.Smith

What?  You can't put Biarritz emblems on and call it a Biarritz?  LOL

What did we miss on the 81?   The listing is pulled.

What is wrong with this one below? 

Correct on the '78 which is not a Biarritz.

Hopefully the '81 Sedan deVille will be relisted.

STS05lg

Dave why did you put those 1975 tail light on you 78?

Yup someone installed '75 brake lamp/ bezel assembly on a '78 Custom Biarritz.

Trunk script doesn't appear to be gold either. I can't say for certain.

D.Smith

Quote from: STS05lg on February 24, 2018, 10:00:48 AM
Dave why did you put those 1975 tail light on your 78?

LOL   It's not my car.    It was for sale quite some time ago.   I saved the photo as every once in a while someone will ask what it would look like or if it was possible to do.

Eldorado James

Cadillac killed the back end of the Eldorado in 1977 by removing the horizontal taillights on the Eldo (and Deville/Fleetwooods).  Of course, it was sort of an idea appropriated from Buick who had the long horizontals for many years.....but the Eldo looks so naked without them on the back side.  Conversions to 1974-76 taillights onto 1977-78's are popular, but sometimes I get requests for 1977-78 Eldorado bumpers that owners want on their 1975-76 (double taillights like the D. Smith picture).  Pic I posted is the naked rear of a 1977 Eldo......too bland for me.  :-) 

Also....a hybrid drawing....a 1976 Eldo convertible with upper rear 1977-78 bumper ends.  LOL
~Eldorado James~

Currently:
1972 Eldorado Convertible
1975 Eldorado Convertible

Past Cadillacs:  Too many to remember.