News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

WTB: '42 -'47 Convertible project car

Started by Justin Norwood, March 12, 2018, 08:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Norwood

I am looking to restore a '42, '46 or '47 Convertible.

I am minimally looking for a solid body & frame (drivetrain is optional). Ideally, I'd like a car that has simply seen better years, that needs paint, chrome and new interior. That said, barn finds are acceptable, but I just don't want a complete rust bucket project.

I will pay according to the condition, but I am not looking to get robbed.

I am based in Florida, but will travel for the right car.

Thanks in advance,
-Justin
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan

Bill Ingler #7799

Justin: If you find a 42-47 convert car make sure that certain parts used only on the convert are with the car. Parts like the stainless belt moldings as well as chrome garnish molding for the doors and all window assemblies. These parts are next to impossible to find and if you do find them, they are very very expensive. I think you would be far better off, money wise, finding a car with all the convert parts that is an older restoration needing a new restoration.    Bill

Paul Tesone

Justin - a friend will be putting his 1947 Caddy convertible up for sale soon . I think it might be the type of car you're looking for . He doesn't do computer emails or even read this Forum . Your best bet is to call him . His name is Jon and his tel number is : 617-536-1432 . Tell him I gave you his number . Good luck , Paul Tesone CLC # 6876.

Justin Norwood

@Bill - great advice! YES, I remain open to ALL '42 - 47 convertibles -- whether that be older restorations, unrestored...or even in restored condition. In fact, I'd also be open to '48 and '49 convertibles as well.

@Paul - thanks for the lead! I will call Jon today.

-Justin
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan