News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

73 Pace car $10500 Rhode Island

Started by D.Smith, July 03, 2018, 08:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Smith

Not my car, just a lead. 
Looks worth saving.

https://providence.craigslist.org/cto/d/cadillac-elderado-convertible/6632699829.html

Offering a 1973 Limited Edition Indianapolis 500 pace car replica. Original 527 V8 engine.  60,000 miles.
Runs smooth, brand new tires. Top is newer and needs a little tinkering ( I currently raise it and lower it manually). It's a complete car in really nice shape I've been driving it a little every summer (3 years).. it's garaged year round and every winter. The odometer was disconnected prior to my purchase. AC worked when I bought it (Now it doesn't and I don't give it much thought) In perfect condition these cars sell in the 20s the right buyer will appreciate it .
I paid 10k, Spent $500 on iPod Jack in dash/speakers. $650 on tires, otherwise just tuneups and oil changes....it's been quite reliable and fun. (probably won't be able to answer any technical questions...I'm not a car guy, I just like these big old classics.)

Call: (401) 864-1610
Email: vxtds-6632699829@sale.craigslist.org 

BJM

Always of interest to me to even see these cars (meaning separate than normal collector Cadillacs) I did not know Cadillac had a pace car in the 70's.  It makes sense it is an Eldorado convertible. I suppose that adds very little to the value. 

Barry M Wheeler #2189

It would if it were "real." I don't see any flag holder "holes" in the rear bumper... 
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

J. Skelly

Barry,

Tim Pawl can chime in, but I believe only the cars at the track had the flag-holding bumpers.  The regular Pace Car replicas ordered through the dealer had conventional bumpers.
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)