News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1954 62 series sedan-exhaust gaskets?

Started by 630bobby, August 25, 2018, 05:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

630bobby

I have a 1954 62 series sedan. The exhaust pipes are housed inside the 2 pieces of chrom in the bumper. My exhquast pipes rattle and squeak a lot as I drive and the pipes loosely move around inside the chrome. I would assume there is some sort of heat resistant gasket or something that would keep the pipes in place but I am having a hard time finding such information.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance

Bob Kielar

I replaced the exhaust on my 55 Fleetwood this past winter. I would think that the tailpipes going thru the bumper would be relatively close to a 54. Here are some pictures of what I did. The first picture is of the original piece of rubber that helps debris from getting on the bumper. The second is what I made out of a old piece of conveyor some people have used old semi truck mud flaps. The third picture you can buy from Steele or Rubber the right way it attaches to the bumper end. The fourth picture is a hanger I bent and attached to a existing hole in the frame the hanger I used you can see has a piece of rubber on it the tailpipes do expand when they get hot. The fifth picture is what it should look like from G.M.

Keep Cruzin,

Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood