News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

LaSalle Transmission to Chevrolet Bellhousing Adapter Needed

Started by carlhungness, March 02, 2019, 08:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlhungness

I have seen adapters, basically a very thick spacer, about 5/8" mating the Cad-LaSalle
standard transmission (up to '48) to the Chevrolet bell housing and now I need one. I am installing a 500" Cadillac in my '37 LaSalle and I know I can buy an adapter to mate the Cad to the Chev. bell-housing so I need to adapt the LaSalle trans to the Chev. bell-housing. And or I need one to copy. I know Fenton made one and possibly Wilcap  as well. The adapter from the Cad. to the Chevy bell-housing is 5/16" thick and as stated the trans adapter is very thick but I think the length of the LaSalle transmission will work as is. If not, it's possible I can narrow up the transmission adapter. Thanks to all.

carlhungness

Found a few photos of the adapter I am looking for. Here they are.