News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Cadillac on social media

Started by Glaswegian, July 24, 2019, 04:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexi

I never saw the pulled comments, so don't really know what happened-except one day I said to myself "Where the heck is Laurie"??? Miss you Doll and hope all is well with you and The Ark. Clay/Lexi  \mm/

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: lexi on July 28, 2019, 03:27:13 PM
I never saw the pulled comments, so don't really know what happened-except one day I said to myself "Where the heck is Laurie"??? Miss you Doll and hope all is well with you and The Ark. Clay/Lexi  \mm/

On my FB page Lexi and tagged to the CLC and NERCLC FB pages. Formal response coming tonight on all 3.

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on July 28, 2019, 02:32:13 PM
Art, Bob, I don't need to "come back" since I never left. I just spend more time on Facebook.
Blessed? You bet your butt. I have a valid drivers license, I'm young and healthy and have DECADES ahead of me
to drive and enjoy my Cadillac. Which I've taken to 3 events in the last 4 days AND dealt with tornado aftermath. Business is through the roof (before the tornado, you should see it now), my house is paid for, the house I'll be buying in FL I can write a check for. I spend all my money on me (ergo The Ark). If that's not *BLESSED*, I don't know what is. You guys weren't making "derogatory" statements against a woman and/or someone who's religious now, are you? Because that would obviously be against the forum rules...

Cars Under The Stars last night, only the 2nd time I've had The Ark out at night and the first time with the new incandescent headlights I installed and aimed. Live video on my FB page and the CLC FB page. Breakfast car show this morning in Yarmouth, Kalmus Beach show last Wednesday night after the twister. Spend more time driving your cars and less time typing. Hope that statement wasn't "derogatory".

\m/
Laurie

I can remain silent no longer.

Let's begin with a bit of history: Shortly after joining the forum, you entered with guns blazing about everything that's wrong with established CLC policy in a number of areas. As if that wasn't enough, you somehow convinced yourself that the CLC should make you a low bow for raising the dim eclipse under which the Club had been collectively suffering and that the insight as a former outsider put you in a uniquely qualified position to know what's best. If that isn't the epitome of arrogance, I don't know what is. I politely tried to warn you to tone it down a bit but that advice has gone unheeded.

Since then, many of your posts are peppered with lengthy tales of self-aggrandizement and self-promotion which have become rather tiresome to many, of which your above post is a perfect example. While your accomplishments are to be applauded, there are MANY who have accomplished FAR MORE who don't prate on about it the way you feel compelled to do.

I also read your lengthy missive on FB which further underscores your lack of experience and ignorance of the CLC and of old car hobby in general. You seem to think that a couple of old Cadillacs under your belt automatically makes you an authority on all things old car hobby related. It doesn't.

And kindly spare us the gender card BS. That is nonsense and you know it.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Big Fins

Can we institute a "LIKE" button on this board? Thank you Eric. 'Nuff said!
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue Fire Mist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille