News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1957 Cadillac Biarritz interior pieces need help !

Started by 57CaddyBiarritz, March 07, 2020, 09:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

57CaddyBiarritz

I am at the Hardest part of this frame off restoration . This one is just one of many that's puzzling . I have 2 leather interior pieces that I am have trouble figuring where they go . ( see photos Please ) . I know they are for convertible top and I have old one . Old ones were in a box with many other pieces i received . They are in a spot that is not clearly seen ( my top installer did not know either ). So if you worked on a 57 Cadillac convertible please help me locate these pieces ? Thanks Jim

57CaddyBiarritz

Maybe The way i describe parts was not clear . These parts go somewhere on convertible top mechanism . They could also be on all 57 Cadillac convertibles ? Thanks Jim

Quentin Hall

I am not near my car presently, but I think they go in the inner areas of the shoulder bolsters. I’ll try and have a look on the weekend.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

57CaddyBiarritz

See photo of existing piece that has several screw holes but I still not sure where it attaches . Thanks Jim

Quentin Hall

I apologise for not yet determining exactly where they go as I haven’t been to my car which is stored elsewhere.... but I do think that you will find a home for them in the shoulder bolster well of the convertible top mechanism.
Hopefully I’ll get over to my car this week.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

57CaddyBiarritz

Quentin would you have a picture in your files inside shoulder bolster or well ? thanks Jim

Quentin Hall

All my 57 files got deleted by my exwife... I will get a chance to see my car later in the week.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

57CaddyBiarritz

Quentin I hope you and All your loved ones are doing well at this difficult time during this pandemic  . I am from NYC  and it is a hotspot right now .
Does the photos attached show the area for these pieces ? thanks and stay well Jim