News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

1970 SDV, GAA Auction

Started by Anderson, June 03, 2020, 03:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anderson

Not mine, though I won't deny that it has piqued my interest.

https://www.gaaclassiccars.com/vehicles/30016/1970-cadillac-sedan-deville

At the risk of creating competition, the car *looks* like it is in quite nice shape.  The low mileage claim actually leaves me just a little stunned (I've seen low mileage claims before, but they always throw me for a bit of a loop).

One thing that stands out is that the engine indicated is the wrong one for the car (the idea that Cadillac might have dumped some 429s into MY1969 the way they apparently dumped some 390s into MY1964 wouldn't shock me, but it seems *very* odd for that to have carried over to 1970).

chrisntam

It looks like a 472 or 500 to me. Not a 429.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

D.Smith

By the great condition of the steering wheel, I'd say it is a low mileage car.

chrisntam

The driver's seat looked nice as well.

I chuckled when I saw the pic of the elderly person (including cane) in front of the car.  Truly documentation the car was owned by a little old lady.

;)

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

35-709

That IS a 472. 
For Cadillac to put a 429 in a 1970, 3 years after introducing the 472, is umm, unlikely, on several different levels.  Not to mention that swapping a 429 into a 472 car (or vice versa) is not an easy swap.  Whoever put that ad together had a brain f*rt or just simply did not know what they were talking about.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

chrisntam

Quote from: 35-709 on June 03, 2020, 10:25:25 AM
Whoever put that ad together had a brain f*rt or just simply did not know what they were talking about.

I'll take B for $500 Alex.

;)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

colorado4x4

Looks very clean, like the black and tan color combo,
A non-tilt wheel car, rare?
Rocky Mountain Region Membership Chair & Treasurer
1970 DeVille Convertible Chateau Mauve Firemist
1970 DeVille Convertible Lanai Green Metallic

Dan LeBlanc

For me, it's a bonus that it's a slick top.  I could just imagine how well it would respond to my detailing regime.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

D.Smith

Quote from: colorado4x4 on June 03, 2020, 11:51:32 AM

A non-tilt wheel car, rare?

source:   Ward's Automotive Yearbook.

Anderson

Y'know, I think it is fair to say that I have officially entered into the "garage space/driveway configuration" portion of this hobby...

I actually really do like that car (my grandfather had a gold one), but I'm hemmed in by (1) not wanting to repeat the driveway configuration problem that helped lead to my mother's '70 280SL not being driven for about six-seven years (probably a $25,000 mistake) and (2) needing a not-subject-to-rusting car in the household (for that 2-4 week period in the winter when there's snow or salt on the roads here).