News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Just what i needed

Started by spolij, October 05, 2020, 02:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spolij

A full color layout of the electrical system. The colored lines are the same colors as the wiring.
11x17 all the text is legible, $17.95 incl shipping Classic car wiring.com.They have many for other cars.

2danreed

Yeah, I picked up the diagram for 1964 Cadillac earlier this summer. My eyes aren't what they used to be and these help A LOT.
Dan Reed

wrench

Handy dandy...I use an 11x17 clipboard to hold them as I have one for each of my old cars...

If you really want to get fancy you can use fine dry erase markers to trace out the circuits...
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

spolij

Jim Good idea.they are confusing in some areas.

wrench

Quote from: spolij on October 06, 2020, 10:51:26 PM
Jim Good idea.they are confusing in some areas.

Yeah a trick I learned in troubleshooting school...

Just don’t use a sharpie! Lol...
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

Cape Cod Fleetwood

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Lexi

I never listened much to that band as they were not heavy enough for me. Too lightweight. But I always thought the tune that you posted; Just What I Needed, was spectacular & one of the best examples of '70s commercial hard rock with an early hair metal edge. Still have the original 45 rpm pressing with pic sleeve. Interesting artwork with the young lady holding onto the clear acrylic '50s car steering wheel. Wish Cadillac had used a clear wheel back then. So cool. Clay/Lexi \mm/

59-in-pieces

John,

Yes used this guy for years now for my 47 - 57 - 59.......

But at my carbon dating I use the larger offering size - about 17 X 24.

Much easier for me.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

spolij

Lexi you are an old sucker! lol I liked it too.
Steve if i'd known they had that size i would have gotten it

David Greenburg

This is great to know about.  I just finished struggling with the illegible diagram in my '60 (reprint) manual.  Even when using appropriate magnification, the color codes are blurry and essentially useless.  Sounds like the larger size is worth it.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

GBrown #8092

Agree. Been working thorugh electrical issues on the '57 Brougham. Could have used this. Getting one now. Thanx for the heads up!

Glenn

spolij

David and GB Yes get the big one.

Cadman-iac

Hey John,
Long time no talk! I hope you're doing well.
Are those diagrams plastic coated or laminated? That sounds like a good thing to have.  My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be either. I could definitely use some of these for a few vehicles I have.
Thanks for the tip.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

spolij

Hey Rick all's well Get the big size.

spolij

Since I started using this I have found for mistakes to typos but the important one is the colors of the wires.
I emailed the company about it, just to let them know, me they never responded back to me

David Greenburg

I got mine and they look nice.  One thing worth noting is that unlike the FSM diagrams, these don’t specify the gauge of the wire.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Soulless007

I was planning on picking up some of these for my 2 cars as well, looks to be pretty helpful
Ron H
'67 Coupe Deville
'56 Series 62

spolij