News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1937 Cadillac Restoration

Started by csvancara, December 23, 2020, 01:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moody

Since you’re obviously able to work on your own car, why not just enjoy it, pick at it until it gets to where you want it. As long as you enjoy that kind of thing. I’m in the middle of restoring a ‘60 which sat 44 years before purchasing it. I too, bought it because it was untouched. But since I’m doing all the work myself, it’s not costing me buckets of money. But I love the work. So what if it’s not overly valuable. If you take it out for a drive you won’t see another one, and it’s not so valuable that you have to trailer it to pick up a gallon of milk.
Dave
Moody

fishnjim

I'm sure there's quite a few Duesenburg owners that wish that Yugo comment were true...

cadillac ken

Quote from: fishnjim on January 06, 2021, 08:40:36 AM
I'm sure there's quite a few Duesenburg owners that wish that Yugo comment were true...

I believe the gist of the comment you are referring to was that most rust repair, paint work, wiring, etc. takes about the same time to complete for any car.  Trim parts, engine parts, chrome work, etc. --- of course, that's a different story. 

I have had many folks come to my shop that think because the value of the car is $XXX, that it can't possibly cost more than $XXX to "restore" or "refurbish" the car.  That is almost never the case. 

Regards, Ken

tozerco

Quote from: 35-709 on December 23, 2020, 07:49:12 PM
A 60 Special, somewhat more desirable than a '37 60 series, I would think.

They didn't make a 60 Special in 1937. Barry has probably summed it up properly so like he said...
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

tozerco

Quote from: e.mason on December 26, 2020, 09:40:47 PM
You might want to see if you can find out the original owner.  Quite possibly it could be a Hollywood Star's car......Charlie Chan.

The car in your photos is a '36, not a '37.
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533