News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Cadillacs on "Roadkill's Junkyard Gold" episodes

Started by KOKNEYELDO, February 03, 2021, 01:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KOKNEYELDO

I was watching the tv this morning and saw episodes all about old Caddys.

Series 3 - Episodes 3 & 7

Some interesting stuff.
Present cars:

1975 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
1957 Ford Thunderbird
2007 Jeep Commander Overland
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

TJ Hopland

I never watched the show before and saw the subject line of this post just as I was looking for some lunch.   Flipping channels while cooking ran across the show which happened to be the 'Rambler Ranch' one about half way through.   Decided to give it a shot and kinda liked the format and style and the host didn't annoy me so was thinking I would have to research when the Caddy episode would be on and what do you know...  up next Cadillac King.

I thought it was decent.   I'm sure like me those that know the specific years can pick apart some details they missed or got wrong but they were not major details so on the whole at least based on the cars I did know I thought it was a good episode and maybe a show I will watch if I run across it in the future. 

Apparently the idea is the host who is an auto related author/historian ends up in a junkyard and talks about various brands or models of cars and is often able to show differences and features of different models side by side so to speak. 

Something I didn't know was that the Seville's had body shocks?  Was that mid 75-79? 

There was a couple little things about the Eldo's I thought were not quite right but I forgot those because there were more little things about the 80's I was picking on.    Strange he didn't mention the bustle back seville or that the diesel engine was standard.   Also when talking about the 864 he said that it shut the fuel injectors off for those cylinders...  if they had that ability it may have really helped but with only 2 injectors it wasn't an option.  Since he was standing there looking at the 2 fuel injectors when he said it you wonder if he is at all technical or if he is just reading the script they gave him?  I don't know anything about the guy.

Like I said all that was just picky.   Its not like people that don't know much or anything about Cadillac's would be mislead by watching the show.   I think it was pretty cool actually.    It was nice that it wasn't just drop chop and install an LS for the 'what would I do' segment that seems to be his bit after he talks about ever car.    With the Cads if he was going to change the engine it was drop a 500 in and keep it all in the family.   That was a nice touch I thought. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason