News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1980 Eldorado Original Tires

Started by steve punzo, April 08, 2021, 09:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve punzo

Hey guys,
    I know I asked this question around 6 months ago, but I can't find the replies.  Does anyone know what brand and size whitewall came stock on a 1980 Eldorado ?

Thanks 

Vince Taliano #13852

Year    Model Type              Wheel Type   Wheel Size (inches) Type       Tire size (inches)  Whitewall (inches)
1980   Series 6E Eldorado   Disc              15                         Radial     P205/75R15         1 Standard

2019 Cadillac & LaSalle Club Official Judging Manual, Page 36

Posted by: steve punzo
« on: Today at 04:30:47 AM »Insert Quote
Hey guys,
    I know I asked this question around 6 months ago, but I can't find the replies.  Does anyone know what brand and size whitewall came stock on a 1980 Eldorado ?

Thanks
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 4,000 pictures!)

steve punzo

Harley Earl

This is a good question.  Was Cadillac using Uniroyal, General, US Royal or some other/Combination of brands back in 1980?

I recall my 1950 Cadillac factory invoice indicating the actual brand of tire used on my 1950 Series 61 being US Royal.  Good to know as there are aftermarket vendors in the marketplace that are reissuing OEM branded ("officially licensed") new tires.  Completes the look, if that is a preference...
Hoping for a Standard Trans Cimarron

Previous
1950 Series 61 Sedan - Savoy Gray
1974 Coupe de Ville - Victorian Amber Firemist
1959 Coupe de Ville - Brenton Blue
And 20 "other" Cadillacs from the 40s to the 80s

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

1 1/4 or thereabouts was the WW width.

No need to worry the OEM tire manufacturer:  Not one of them produces a 1 1/4" WW tire today.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

TJ Hopland

Uniroyal sounds reasonable.   I thought I had the original manual booklet from my 80 here but it must be in the car.  Seems like there was a care and feeding booklet from Uniroyal in there unless I'm thinking of a different car.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Beginning 1980 there was an optional puncture sealing tire by Uniroyal with the a coronet logo and the words "Royal Seal" stamped into the sidewall. I believe the tread style was called Tiger Paw.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

D.Smith

Barn Find 1980 Eldorado with only 55 miles on it.   Original tires.

cadillacmike68

Quote from: steve punzo on April 08, 2021, 12:10:35 PM
Thanks Vince

Vince, your avatar looks like our Skylar.

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike