News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

55 radio knobs

Started by Dzeman, November 15, 2021, 02:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dzeman

Hello quick question on the radio knobs on the 54 55 Cadillac can someone help me. In my parts box i have a wavy brass washer a spring and what looks like cup and have no idea where they go do they possibly go on the radio knob side with the vacuum switch?

Caddy Wizard

If I recall correctly, the wavy washer goes under the nut.  Then there is the cup, followed by the spring, and finally the knob.  The spring helps return the knob to the neutral position in the middle (for the knob that is pulled and pushed to lower and raise the vacuum powered antenna).
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Dzeman

Here are my parts. If the bigger cupped washer isn't part of the knob setup I wonder where it's from

Roger Zimmermann

Those cupped washers are used at the dash trim or side moldings.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Dzeman

Ah as soon as I read that my memory came back must be for the radio trim piece I also have off thanks so much.