News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

The 1959 - 1960 Authenticity Manual is Complete

Started by Cadillac Nut, October 30, 2023, 07:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

59-in-pieces

Gabe,

Short answerer is that for the several other years specific Authenticity Manuals, they have been available in spiral bound booklet form for a fee.

The printed Manuals have all been copyrighted, so I don't know what that means for digital copies.

I would direct your questions to William "Bill" Anderson, the Chief Judge of this club who handles the publishing, pricing, and method of sales.

Good luck in your car journey, especially if it involve a 1959 Cadillac (my fave), or its younger smaller finned brother, the 1960 Cadillac.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Eldovert

Great news Steve!
I wondered why you had all the answers to my questions (as well as photos)..now I know..you had the authenticity manual!
Thanks for all your hard work..and thanks to your predecessors that worked on the manual.
Cheers,Pat MacPhail

Lexi

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Cadillac Jack 82 on November 01, 2023, 05:43:09 PMI'd be up for a copy if it becomes available.  My understanding is that similar to other 50s Cadillacs...there were variances between the early and late production 59s.  Can anyone confirm this?

The short answer is yes. Additionally, there were several changes that occurred at various points during very early production so there were at least three productions variants of the 1959 Cadillac that I'm personally aware of.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

59-in-pieces

Sorry everyone.

I do not know why or how the completion posting came out several times.

Maybe I did it a couple times because I'm getting old or maybe even I couldn't believe it was done.

Again sorry,

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Cadillac Jack 82

Forums been wonky lately.  At least for me it is.
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1964 Cadillac SDV
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

David Greenburg

Congratulations, Steve. I knew a couple of others who contributed, but had no idea you were driving the bus on this.  Does this explain your recent increased interest in things'60?
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

59-in-pieces

David,

As one of the folks who contributed greatly to many of the details in the manual has been heard to say, "60's make for great parts cars".

I always have been heard to say "the 60's are the younger brother of the 59's" and "they'll be a great car when their fins grow in".

So all kidding aside, I have been collecting information on 60's because you can't touch anything on a 59 that doesn't costs at least $300 and more.  So when stock piling parts for my 59 restorations, I looked to save money by looking at availabilities in 60's.
As I'm sure you know, an Interchange Manual is a great tool when one of the driving forces of very early Cadillac was to standardize part production, which leaked into the other GM makes over the years - at a lower price point.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Woo-Hoo. I know what I'm getting someone for Christmas.

Jeff R
Jeff Rose
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Cadillac Nut

Happy to hear it's completed and will be available soon

hmbmw21

I would just like to Thank and appreciate the fine folks that made this happen. Thank you .