News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1949 Fleetwood

Started by badpoints, May 03, 2023, 03:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Landi

How is it that we have (2) blasck '49 Fleetwoods for sale on the same week from which to choose... so this one won't start? If it have sufficient compression, a healthy spark, and a spraying traffic pump, it starts! ...and you're looking at repairs of those hydraulic  power windows  (pump, rams, hoses, leaks), as well as another one to shop.  Hope a couple of CLC members pick up these two.  Thanks for posting. James

Caddy Wizard

Quote from: James Landi on May 04, 2023, 07:30:42 AMHow is it that we have (2) blasck '49 Fleetwoods for sale on the same week from which to choose... so this one won't start? If it have sufficient compression, a healthy spark, and a spraying traffic pump, it starts! ...and you're looking at repairs of those hydraulic  power windows  (pump, rams, hoses, leaks), as well as another one to shop.  Hope a couple of CLC members pick up these two.  Thanks for posting. James

If you are including mine in that pair, well, mine isn't black.  It is Dartmouth Green.
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under cosmetic resto)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1949 S6107 Fastback Coupe -- soon to be back home with me...

Bryan J Moran

I just can't get on board with $28,000 cars that don't start or run and have "quite a few" issues.  I am trying to think of who the person might be that shows up with an offer of say, $24,000. Or even $20,000.  I can't picture someone like that. 
CLC 35000

James Landi

I agree-- For that kind of cash Bryan, the sale should be contingent on a running and driving car, so that a purchaser would have an accurate understanding of the financial burdens ahead. The 20+K is, likely, only the beginning of an arterial financial bleed.   James

Caddy Wizard

Mine is a running, driving, dependable car that looks great inside and out.  Only $5k more than the $28K non-running "project" car...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under cosmetic resto)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1949 S6107 Fastback Coupe -- soon to be back home with me...