News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Allante shifter problems

Started by Coupe, June 26, 2023, 05:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coupe

The shifter handle on our '93 Allante is toast. I have 2 questions.
1) I've been told the handle for earlier Allantes will work .  In further searches I have found that other GM handles will work. Is this correct?
2) I used an o-ring pick to get the retaining clip out.  How do I finish the job? I cannot get the handle to move.  Will Kroil do the job?

Paul Flykt 
1957 Coupe de Ville
1962 Sedan de Ville (4 window)
1993 Allante
1938 Chevrolet Business Coupe (Sold)
1949 Jeepster VJ-2

James Landi

If you can't find any answers here, I recommend that you connect with John Monzo or Dick Hussey (respectively, google:Allante XLR club or Allante Source).  These two gentlemen have been helping folks like us keep these terrific cars in operation for over two decades.   Hoping you can find the help you need.  James

Coupe

I bought a shifter handle for a 1996 to 2002 Eldorado on ebay July 2nd.  I installed it today, July 5th 2023. It was a simple install.  It works great. It even was the same color leather. 
1957 Coupe de Ville
1962 Sedan de Ville (4 window)
1993 Allante
1938 Chevrolet Business Coupe (Sold)
1949 Jeepster VJ-2