News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Brake shoes for 1967 SDV

Started by badpoints, October 06, 2023, 11:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badpoints

Can anyone recommend a brake shoe that fits a 1967 Sedan Deville. I tried Raybestos but one of the holes is off

badpoints

Has anyone changed the brake pads on a 65 - 67 Cadillac? If so what brake shoes did you use?
Thank You
Ken

dn010

Interestingly, Rockauto has the same listing of shoes for 1957 as they do for 1967 but the crossover book states 53-59 are interchangeable and 60-65 are interchangeable seperately. The book does not say what the differences are nor does it go up to 1967. However, since you're using a 127, perhaps try the 419s instead and see what happens? I recall having some sort of issue when installing the same 127 shoes you had on my 57, I just put them on the other side of the car and things lined up better but I cannot recall with 100% certainty what the issue was.
-----Dan B.
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean