News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1949 Cadillac series 62 double ferrule for hard fuel line to tank

Started by Po3824, September 11, 2024, 11:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Po3824

Can I get some advice on purchasing the double ferrule associated with the fittings between the hard fuel line to the gas tank.  There is little data our there as to specs related to this tiny part.  With out the double ferrule leakage will occur. 
Patrick O'Kelly
pokelly45email addresses not permitted
248-797-1383

Rossoroo

There is someone on this forum who is parting out a 47. Perhaps that would have one.
There is also the 48-49 Cadillac facebook site. There's lots of people who are modifying cars there. Perhaps someone is getting rid of the stock tank.
49-6269 My First Caddy

Joe Jensen

Patrick:

Here is an old link to someone that was selling those.  Maybe he still has some.

https://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=166157.msg504066#msg504066

Some of the replacement tanks don't use these.  If you have an original tank then you must have one.

Good luck!
Joe

Jay Friedman

The orignal fuel tank on my '49 had a ferrule.  I bought a replacement for that tank from Kanter which did not need a ferrule since a female compression fitting was built into the place on the tank the male compression fitting on the fuel line attaches to. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

David King (kz78hy)

I have the part print for the spacer, but have not made any as there is very little demand for them, and it is harder to make than the 50-58 style spacer which I list on my website.
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region