News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

100 Cadillacs in Hasselt, Belgium

Started by Davy Borghys, June 22, 2005, 03:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davy Borghys

Good morning,

This coming Saturday, theres a challenge going on from the Belgian national TV channel "One" to turn the city of Hasselt (in the Limburg) into Hollywood for one day. One of the elements of the challenge is that there have to be 100 movie stars (lookalikes) and they all have to be transported by Cadillacs...
There should also be one *real* movie star present.

Just when I was thinking, now who could they contact in order to get those 100 Cadillacs together, the phone rings and a friend of mine, who is from Hasselt, urgently asks me whether I can help him assemble these 100 Cadillacs...

So, I gave him some tips and links to the local classic car clubs - but does anyone else have any other, or better, ideas?
Would any of the local guys from the CLC care to be present, getting applauded by 15.000 visitors and being on national TV with your car?

Thanks for any hints or suggestions you may have!

Davy

JIM CLC # 15000

06-22-05
Davy, sounds like you will have a good time!
Suggustion: Offer food/cool drinks to all that show up with a Cadillac or Cadillac-La Salle and will drive the "look-a-likes".
Good Luck, sorry I cant make it, Jim

Davy Borghys

Thanks for the suggestion, Jim!

My friend Michael (whos been appointed as responsible for the TV challenge) has gotten a crash course in "meeting organizing" the last few days, so he even believes in the possibility of making it!

That would be neat - Ill definitely keep you informed tomorrow evening; cant believe its already Friday!

Best,

Davy - CLC #16424