News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

steele rubber products

Started by Robert Bothwell CLC # 20850, April 10, 2005, 01:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Bothwell CLC # 20850

Does anyone know of a dealer or website who offers discounts on Steele Rubber products?
Bob

Doug Houston

Thats sort of a problem, possibly, but Steeles product is a unique and a low volume product line. Things like that are higher priced by definition.

Those of us in the Detroit area knew Lynn and Evie Steele whan they lived in Farmington, a NW suburb of Detroit. Lynn  had a tool and die shop and was restoring a 31 Cadillac V12 club sedan. He needed the special molded radiator hoses for it, so he made tooling for them. They worked just fine and he got lots of requests for more, so he went into production on them. In that period, the tool and die business was dying, so the rubber parts business was growing for him, and he was getting all sorts of requests for all sorts of items. Lynn was a perfectionist, and so his products were the best possible. When that happens, the price will be higher. He was able to re-locate out of the Detroit high priced labor market, and moved to Denver, NC, where his family survivors are still running the business.

Things have changed over the years, and the cost of restoration of a car has become astronomical in every way possible. I restored my cars myself many years ago, and Im shocked at todays prices as much as anyone.

Joe R #20442

There is an individual who has posted several messages on the 1963/64 Club website, stating he sells discounted Steele rubber products.  Check in the FOR SALE section.  I dont have the link because I cant access that site from work!

Joe