News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

AM FM CB 8-Track Repair Question

Started by Justin, May 22, 2005, 12:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

I hear that these radios cannot be used with newer higher impedance speakers is this true?  Also I hear that there is a modification that can be done to get them to work with newer car speakers does anyone know what it is or how to do it?  Also Does anyone know where to find a replacement belt for the 8-track player?  
Thanks - Justin

Doug Houston

I dont have my manuals handy, but it might be well to know which model year in question. Most of the Delco transistor models used 10 Ohm speakers. You can use 8 Ohm speakers to replace and generally get away with it. Im not aware of adaptation devices, but there may be something like that. Speakers in general are no onger easy to find. I believe that Quam, in Chicago is still there. They made good speakers

Now, on the belts, try this: http://www,studiosoundelectronics.com/belts.htm#FBM

Justin

The stereo is the setup that was used from 77 and I was wondering if I had to modify anything for it to work with new car speakers someone told me that the newer car speakers will mess these stereos up because of the higher impedance is this true and is there a fix for it?  Thanks - Justin